nice mouth feel

dissociative, non-reality based grandeur

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

fine pipe weather


i figured i'd fire up the briar and write a post about how finally the heat has left my southern home. i find this to be very satisfactory, as i no longer need to shower three times a day.


and things are looking up in other spheres for me right now. i'm starting to get secondaries for med school, which is nice, and my new job starts next week. also, the phillies look to be a playoff contender, and the eagles are only partially crapping their pants! but best of all, today at the farmer's market i found some deliciousness to make into a sauce for dinner. yum!



also, meagan and i just got a new dvd player, so i've started to revisit band of brothers (an amazing program), as well as arrested development this week.



and...and things on the kitty city front are slowly improving! meagan and i figured out that if we don't admonish her for biting us, then she doesn't pee in the bed! it turns out she was just being a resentful, urinating bitch! of course!

that's a pretty fair shake, if you ask me. i'll take obnoxious biting over puddles of urine every day of the week.


sadly, meagan is still having sudden shocks of fear in the middle of the night, worrying that the cat is peeing. this is both sad and very funny. "is the cat peeing? is the cat peeing? i think the cat just peed!" this is meagan and her coterie of study buddies.



and this is the view from our front porch. also very satisfactory. i've been spending my mornings out there reading and drinking my coffee. it's sooo nice and i can't believe how lucky meagan and i were to find this little house! it's exactly how i imagined myself a few months ago, rocking on my front porch, smoking a pipe, etc.


anyhow, yesterday morning i spent a while reading about necrotizing fasciitis. for those who don't know, let me tell you that you don't want that. it's so, so horrible, and if you get it somehow, well...you will most likely die, or at the very least lose parts of your body you probably don't want to lose.


like many others who continually read horrible accounts of rare diseases, i became paranoid that i'm gonna get this. so, to shake the paranoia and fear from my brain, i played with squirrel for a while.


aside from the biting, she's just what the doctor ordered.


very sphynx-like, i think.



and then i checked on meagan's flowers



and my cactus patch. looks healthy to me.







this definitely helped buck my paranoia of bacterial infections.



oh, and yesterday i was fortunate to play a round of southern, autumnal golf! i played a round with teo in august, and it was so ridiculously how that afternoon (104 degress when we teed off) i don't even recall the back nine. this round was much better. i even saw some deer on the course!

anyhow, for tonight i'm making a big dinner to celebrate hump day, and i think i'll work on my bloody mary recipe.

1 Comments:

At 2:25 PM , Blogger J said...

I look forward to enjoying this Bloody Mary come Halloween.

Also, your home looks so amazing my face wants to fall off.

Cactus patch. Sigh.

I just had a Three Musketeers though, so.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home