nice mouth feel

dissociative, non-reality based grandeur

Thursday, September 25, 2008

taco flavored kisses


ah yes, dinner time! wednesday night, using the veggies from this week's farmer's market i got a stew goin!



some peppers, squash, garlic and onions...



after juggling these around for a while, i chopped.


i could eat tomatoes for every meal. tomatoes on toast, with a touch of salt, pepper, and a bit of basil, is my new favorite treat.


anyhow, that's some good billy!




dinner was snackalicious, and when we were done meagan and i went to see the new cohen brother's movie. has anyone else seen this? do people "like" this movie? i'm still not sure. that scene where brad pitt gets shot through his head was pretty gross. and then when john malkovitch axes that loser on the street in broad daylight....wtf?


anyhow, since moving down here i've been cooking most of my meals, and it's nice to actually use my kitchen. however, there have been some issues correlated to cooking occurring in my kitchen. well, there are two issues, and one is my fault. the first issue is that meagan has a compost bin, and this has attracted flies. many, many flies. however, since the weather has changed, the flies have thankfully died. this leaves the second issue related to food morsels in the kitchen...

ANTS! droves and droves of ants, emanating from every crevasse and nook in our kitchen. will these die with the cold weather, or do i have to "do something" about this? well, if I can't get rid of them and they stay, I for one would like to welcome my new ant overlords. i just hope they don't make me work in their underground sugar caves.


ahh yes, and then there is kitty city. i'll have to get back on that later, since there are many things to report. at this point it's all very distressing and wet, so i'll need some time to decompress.

what is not distressing is this: the foundation for my zuul-fridge costume! have i mentioned that this year's halloween party is going to be awesome?


ok let's see.....the weather is decidedly cooler down here, which means a few things: the leaves are changing and becoming crunchy under my feet. it also means sweaters and pumpkin beers!


it also means indy doesn't pant like a maniac at the park. i still do, however.


oh right, and thursday night was taco night! i love taco night! i really would like to reinstate the american tradition of always eating the same thing for each night of the week. i've already told meagan that i want saturday night to be indian food night. and thursday was a good night for tacos.....so that leaves only 5 other nights where i have to forever commit to a certain food. suggestions? i think i'm down for anything, as long as it doesn't have the word "loaf" in it.






finally, last night, when i was having my shower, indy found his way into the bathroom, and he actually walked into the shower with me. normally, if he comes to greet me in the shower, he will merely poke his head into the shower, and maybe he will lick the wall a bit. last night, however, he jumped right in with me. not one to waste such an opportunity, i proceeded to lather him up and bathe him. he seemed to like it, but i realized that this a weird thing to do....you know, showering with your pet. i guess i've crossed that line that separates people who have animals, from those crazy pet owners who get naked with their pets. oops.

1 Comments:

At 2:20 PM , Blogger J said...

I have a lot of stuff that needs saying here:

I have my costume idea!

You may have ruined that movie for those who have not yet seen it.

Ants, hmm. That sucks.

That's the trade off, leaves change down there, but up here the only bugs we have are...wait, we still have bugs.

Damn you NY!

I used to have taco night. I liked taco night.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home